DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Full-time position. Co-manage evaluation and research projects, conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses, write reports, and develop and administer evaluation instruments.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING
- Support Team Leader in developing project timelines to ensure alignment between tasks and deadlines for multiple projects.
- Monitor project progress (participant tracking, fulfillment of program aims, and management of evaluation timelines) for multiple projects.
- Travel to meetings and conferences inside and outside of the USA as required.
- May manage a small project or parts of a large project when available.Data collection, management, and analysis
- Conduct surveys, focus groups, interviews, observations, and other data collection methods.
- Prepare and create master databases for projects.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data by applying appropriate analysis techniques.
Evaluation and research design
- Develop evaluation instruments including surveys, interview/focus group protocols, and others.
- Contribute to the methodological and theoretical design of evaluation and research projects.
- Contribute to creating logic models, benchmark/milestone tables, and output and outcome metrics and targets and participate in overseeing the management thereafter.
- Conduct literature reviews.
- Support Team Leader in reporting results in user-friendly, accessible formats that meet clients’ needs including newsletters, fact sheets, and PowerPoints.
- Contribute to formally and informally presenting evaluation results to clients and stakeholders.
- Contribute to writing conference papers/abstracts, peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Delegate tasks to junior team members, and ensure completion by monitoring progress. Provide assistance to junior team members as needed.
- Present project updates at team meetings in support of the Team Leader.
- Conduct employee performance reviews and support junior employees in growth and development.
- Participate in job interviews to select junior evaluation employees.
- Develop/contribute to developing proposals for evaluation and research solicitations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in a field in which evaluation-related skills were learned and practiced.
At least 2 years of data preparation, analysis and reporting experience in an evaluation-related field.
REQUIRED EVALUATION/RESEARCH KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Project management experience (multiple simultaneous projects)
- Proficiency in statistical analysis software (such as R) a must Strong statistical analysis skills and ability to learn new methods Familiarity with experimental and quasi-experimental research and evaluation Familiarity with online survey management platforms (ie. Survey Gizmo, Qualtrics)
Experience developing evaluation forms, surveys, and focus group and interview protocols.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent writing, communication, and data visualization skills.
- Experience in conducting evaluations and research writing and presentation in an academic and applied context.
- Able to work independently to plan and delegate project tasks in advance and identify steps leading to project completion.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, detail-oriented.
- Able to take direction, learn from mistakes, and make changes.
- Able to think outside the box and identify the most efficient methods.
- Able to maintain a positive work environment and positive, professional interactions with clients.
- The salary range for this position has been established at $48,024 to $56,376 and is negotiable commensurate with degree, skills and experience.
- Opportunities to earn bonuses beyond the base salary are also available. Although not required, employees have opportunities to submit evaluation and research-related proposals in their areas of interest and specialization to earn bonuses and develop their own work portfolios.
The Mark offers a competitive benefits package to all full-time exempt employees including:
Health, dental, and vision insurance
10 paid holidays per calendar year
401K retirement plan
The Mark USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
All successful applicants will be required to show proof of legal right to accept employment in the US.
If interested, send cover letter and CV, including contact information, and a list of references to:
Subject line: Evaluation Associate I Position
Attention: Office Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $48,000.00 – $56,000.00 per year
About The Mark USA Inc.
The Mark is an evaluation and research company in Orange County, California. We work with professors at US and international universities to assess implementation and impact of federally and privately funded programs. The Mark currently works on projects funded by federal agencies such as the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, and NASA. We also conduct evaluation for nonprofit organizations and for-profit businesses.