Who We Are
TCC Group collaborates with leaders to solve complex social problems. As a mission-driven consulting firm and certified B Corporation, TCC Group partners with foundations, nonprofits, and companies to propel positive social change through strategy, capacity building, initiative design, strategic communication, management, and evaluation. We design and implement solutions for social impact by immersing ourselves in interconnected communities and systems, co-creating innovative and effective processes, and applying and sharing our experience with the field.
TCC Group is built on the commitment and experience of our people. We are a diverse group of inspired problem-solvers—committed to collaborative learning and our collective contribution to building an effective social sector. People join the TCC team to make an impact; are engaged, driven, and inspired by the work we do.
The services of the Evaluation and Learning Team helps our philanthropic, nonprofit, and corporate partners inform decision making, enhance capacity and effectiveness, and improve programs in order to achieve greater social impact. At TCC Group, learning defines our philosophy and approach to evaluation. We believe the real value of evaluation is in its deliberate use. Based on our experience and diverse backgrounds, we are able to understand the unique challenges and opportunities in the broad social sector and help our clients thrive given their specific circumstances. We tackle hard to measure areas; are creative in our approaches; and enjoy what we do!
The Consultant, Evaluation and Learning is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is interested in making a social impact to join our Evaluation and Learning Team in our work of providing evaluation and learning services across the social sector field to our philanthropic, nonprofit, and corporate clients.
Working primarily as part of the Evaluation and Learning Team and under the direction of senior team members, the Consultant, Evaluation and Learning will be responsible for designing, managing, and conducting evaluations for a variety of clients, issue areas, and context constraints. This position will also support project work across the firm as needed.
TCC Group has offices in New York and Philadelphia and will primarily be seeking candidates in these locations; however, qualified candidates in other US locations may be considered.
Note: In compliance with NY law (and some other states) TCC require all our employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and will require proof of vaccination.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with clients to develop meaningful evaluation questions, methods, and reporting approaches.
- Design and implement quantitative (surveys, etc.) and qualitative (interview protocols, focus group guides, etc.) research tools for data collection.
- Collect primary and secondary data, including literature reviews, interviews, focus groups, and administering surveys and questionnaires.
- Conduct detailed analysis of qualitative and quantitative data and identify effective ways of organizing and presenting the data.
- Develop clear and well-written evaluation findings and data-grounded recommendations through reports and other project deliverables.
- Present findings and recommendations to audiences with varying levels of familiarity with data and evaluation methods.
- Provide evaluation technical assistance and training to client organizations.
- Develop and monitor project budgets and work plans.
- Ensure efficient, accurate, and timely completion of tasks.
- Manage client relationships including needs and expectations.
- Collaboratively identify project needs and/or challenges, and work with the team to resolve them.
- Interface with the Project Lead and other project team members to ensure coordination, production of products, and efficient collaboration among team members.
- Facilitate meetings with clients, staff, and other stakeholders.
Marketing and Thought Leadership
- Participate in marketing and sales efforts as needed, including attending meetings with prospective clients, drafting proposals, assisting in preparation of firm marketing materials, and working to implement marketing strategies.
- Thoughtfully contribute to the evaluation field through articles, presentations, workshops, blogposts, social media engagement, etc.
Other Team and Firm Activities
- Participate in firm meetings and monthly evaluation team meetings.
- Engage in weekly supervisory check-ins and continue to grow as an evaluation professional.
- Engage in discussion clubs, social activities, and affinity groups (as desired).
A successful candidate for this position will have the following qualifications:
- A graduate or doctoral degree and/or applied experience equivalent.
Demonstrated Research and Evaluation Skills
- Basic knowledge of the evaluation field.
- Conducting mixed-methods analysis including quantitative inferential analysis and/or method-grounded qualitative data analysis.
- Collecting primary qualitative data through interviews and capturing comprehensive notes related to the content of interviews for future analysis.
- Experience developing logic models and theories of change.
- Experience with applied research and diverse evaluation methods (e.g., power mapping, social network analysis, most significant change, empowerment evaluation, etc.) (could be in a consulting or other relevant sectors such as in academia, clinical work, market research, etc.).
- Adept at collecting data from multiple places and using varied methods.
- Advanced relevant analysis and writing software skills, including MS Office, SPSS and/or R, NVIVO, etc.
Dynamic Engagement Skills
- Experience in a facilitator role, including meetings with different types of participants (e.g., community members, board members) and well as experience with managing complicated group dynamics.
- Demonstrated understanding of equity and diversity considerations in evaluation approaches.
- Approachable, a collaborator, and adaptive in a fast-paced environment – able to work independently, as well as collaborate effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written, with the ability to analyze and synthesize multiple streams of information (qualitative and quantitative) for clear use.
- Interested in a diverse set of projects and able to prioritize and juggle competing priorities.
- Curious, compassionate, and relationship-oriented with a track record of building rapport with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Willing to take initiative – includes interest in developing and growing new and interesting work, including sales.
- Able to travel to support client projects (dependent on lifting of COVID-19 restrictions)
- Familiarity with principles of Equitable Evaluation and/or Culturally Responsive Evaluation
- Formal training in evaluation/research design and methodology
- Familiarity with the social sector (nonprofit and/or philanthropy).
- Previous experience in consulting.
TCC Group offers a competitive and equitable total compensation package. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health insurance, 401k retirement plan with employer match, disability, life insurance, a generous paid time off, and more. The starting salary range for this position is $70,000 – $80,000, commensurate with experience.
TCC Group is an equal opportunity employer. Each position at the firm is filled by the best qualified applicant available. The firm does not discriminate against employees or applicants on any legally protected basis, including, but not limited to, race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran’s status, age, or disability which does not interfere with an individual’s ability to perform the essential functions of his or her job position with or without reasonable accommodation. The firm will provide equal opportunities in hiring, promotions, wages, benefits and other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.