Senior Recruiter, Global HealthFull Time
Job Title: Senior Recruiter, Global Health
Department/Location: Institutional Support and Program Implementation (ISPI); Virtual
Reports To: Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Jun 22, 2023
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Senior Recruiter for an anticipated USAID Global Health five-year contract. The activities of the contract will focus on infectious diseases and support cross-cutting health issues such as gender, health systems strengthening, environment, science and technology. This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the project has continual access to a pool of highly qualified consultants that meet USAID and counterpart needs and requirements.
- Establish recruitment requirements, evaluating jobs and advising managers on hiring actions.
- Build applicant sources by researching and contacting relevant health-related and international development firms, networks, other recruiters, social media, and internet sites to attract qualified senior technical local and international experts.
- Maintain up-to-date databases of qualified candidates that can be quickly deployed to long- and short-term assignments.
- Determine applicant requirements by studying the job descriptions and job qualifications.
- Attract applicants by placing job advertisements, contacting recruiters, using global health newsgroup and job sites and targeted outreach.
- Determine applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants, analyzing their responses, verifying references, comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Arrange management interviews by coordinating schedules with candidates and the hiring managers.
- Evaluate applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers, and interviewing applicants on consistent set of qualifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five to seven years of experience in recruiting consulting services, preferably in the area of public health and/or international development required.
- Oral and written fluency in English required, fluency in another language preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, public health, international relations, or related field.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to determine applicant requirements by studying the job descriptions and job qualifications.
- Ability to attract applicants by placing job advertisements, contacting recruiters, using newsgroup, and job sites.
- Able to determine applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants, analyzing their responses, verifying references, comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Able to arrange management interviews by coordinating schedules with candidates and the client.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Working Environment: : This is a virtual project position from any U.S. state where IBTCI is registered: Connecticut, Washington DC, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
COVID Vaccine status: As a condition of employment, IBTCI requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates should be prepared to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon hire or request for an accommodation with HR that is consistent with our COVID-19 safety protocols and policies.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the USA. Visa sponsorship is not available.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page, https://careers.ibtci.com/jobs).