Senior Associate, Monitoring Evaluation Learning (MEL)
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium’s Health Practice is dedicated to strengthening equitable health systems. By working in collaboration with health ministries, regulators, the private sector, civil society, we deliver innovative, scalable, and sustainable health programs that bring lasting solutions to the most pressing public health challenges of our day. We equip decision-makers with evidence to inform policy development, direct limited resources for greatest impact, secure new sources of healthcare financing, and build a healthcare environment that fosters collaboration across the public and private sectors.
The Senior Associate, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) provides technical support in the development and implementation of robust MEL approaches for proposals and ongoing projects implemented by the Health Practice. The Sr. MEL Associate will report directly to the MEL Director and will also coordinate closely with other members of the MEL and BD units on specific assignments, especially to produce MEL-related deliverables that require expertise in MEL for global health programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Delivery support
- Provides technical support to technical teams in the development of programmatic rationale for potential and live bids, including the development of theories of change, conceptual frameworks, results frameworks, and logical frameworks
- Supports business development teams in the production of MEL plans, including performance indicators and corresponding performance indicators reference sheets to meet donor requirements as specified in solicitations (RFAs, RFPs, NOFOs, APS, etc.)
- Create systems to track and visualize program data, including dashboards and GIS, to facilitate data use including analysis and decision making for potential bids, live bids, and existing projects as needed
- Analyze health data from primary and secondary sources to identify trends, barriers, factors associated with health outcomes, and overall program performance as needed
- Supports the MEL Director in designing and conducting internal performance reviews for select projects as needed
- Support the development of Coordinating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) approaches for live bids
- Track implementation of learning agendas from ongoing projects implemented by the Health Practice as needed
- Support MEL Community of Practice through MEL thought pieces, emerging/cutting-edge approaches, and resource sharing
- Support the development and update of MEL internal standards, policies and oversight for their compliance across projects implemented by the Health Practice
- Assist with other tasks as assigned
Minimum Experience and Professional Competencies Requirements
- Experience designing and implementing MEL systems for global health programs that meet high standards of rigor
- Proven MEL experience with health programs focusing on at least two of the following thematic areas: MNCH, FP/RH, HIV, TB, WASH, Nutrition
- Experience conducting MEL work on USAID-funded health programs (global, regional, or bilateral)
- Experience conducting statistical analyses using STATA, SPSS or similar statistical programs
- Demonstrated competencies in mixed-methods design and strong technical writing for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Good knowledge of using at least one geographic information system application (e.g., QGIS, ArcGIS) to create GIS maps to facilitate data analysis and interpretation
- Strong writing and editing skills and demonstrated competence using Microsoft applications (word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- A track record of working collaboratively with various stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain good relations with staff, relevant partners and counterparts
- Well-organized, strong attention to detail, able to work independently, skilled in handling multiple MEL tasks preserving high quality work, and able to adhere to deadlines
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to develop and communicate a common vision and foster collaboration across an interdisciplinary