Executive Services supports the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Operating Officer (COO) in all areas related to achieving RCAC’s major goals and objectives serving rural and native communities and organizations across its region. The CEO reports to the Board of Directors and the COO reports to the CEO. Executive Services provides support to meet Board needs and reporting requirements. Executive Services also works closely with the Senior Leadership Team and the various RCAC program and lending teams, related to developing, maintaining, and implementing an organization-wide impact measurement plan.
Based in the West Sacramento corporate office, the Data and Impact Manager is responsible for developing, maintaining, and implementing an organization-wide impact measurement plan. This new position involves working closely with existing data collection systems, consultants, staff and clients to provide information and analysis for the purposes of program development, program evaluation, policy advocacy and strategic leadership. RCAC has been working with a consultant to inventory existing data collection processes and location of data. The Data and Impact Manger will work and collaborate with the consultant to transition existing data and systems to an integrated model that meets the needs of RCAC. This Manager will be the go-to resource for RCAC staff to extract and analyze data from both internal and external data sources to inform our work. The position will also oversee direct follow-up with communities and clients to conduct analysis of the long-term impacts and outcomes of our work.
Specific job goals, objectives and tasks are established for each employee as part of the annual evaluation process. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Inventory and maintain knowledge of our existing data tracking systems
· Identify impact/outcome measurement gaps and design system(s) to capture missing data
· Collect data as required by RCAC strategic plan and framework
· Respond to research requests from Senior Leadership Team
· Hire and development data and impact team members, as needed
· Research, recommend and implement integrated data solutions where appropriate
· Conduct long-term analysis of outcomes for communities and clients we serve
· Train RCAC staff on pertinent data systems and impact/outcome reporting
· Prepare activity and outcome reports
· Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
· Strong computer and ability to learn and master proprietary software systems
· Strong analytical skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and meeting platforms including Microsoft Teams and Zoom
· Experience and a high comfort level working with databases
· Familiar with data visualization a plus, e.g., Tableau skills
· High degree of organization and attention to details
· Strong staff supervision, training and oversight experience
· Familiarity with rural and Tribal community culture and social norms
· Ability to troubleshoot, innovate and problem-solve
· Ability to listen effectively and communicate, verbally and in writing
· Ability to work independently and in team environments, and to effectively prioritize multiple tasks
Physical Job Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work performed in an office requires ability to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment, including telephone. Use may be moderate (average two hours per day) to heavy (four or more hours per day)
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods of time; walk; talk; hear; use hand to finger; handle; feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee may occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This position also requires moderate (up to two days per month) to heavy (up to ten days per month) automobile and airline travel, including overnight travel.
Preferred Education and Experience:
A combination of experience and education is required to qualify for the position. A typical qualifying combination would be:
Five years of applicable experience in program evaluation, non-profit management, business and community development. Previous experience with applied/participatory research and evaluation desired.
Bachelor’s degree (additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education). If a higher level of related education is possessed than is required, this education may be substituted for the experience requirement up to a maximum of two years).
About Rural Community Assistance Corporation (RCAC)
Founded in 1978, RCAC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides training, technical and financial resources and advocacy so low-income rural communities can achieve their goals and visions. For more than 40 years, our dedicated staff and active board, motivated by our core values: leadership, collaboration, commitment, quality and integrity, have helped effect positive change in rural communities across the West.