With support from USAID, PSI and its partners will provide targeted MNCH/FP/RH Technical Assistance to Private Providers under Round 2B of the Moving Integrated, Quality Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health and Family Planning and Reproductive Health Services to Scale (MOMENTUM) APS. The program will also build capacity of host country institutions, promote adaptive learning and use of evidence, and encourage cross-sectoral collaboration and partnerships.
This program is currently in the co-creation stage and is contingent on funding, the released RFA, and USAID approval.
We are looking for a Project Director to lead this global program. You will provide leadership, strategic support, and technical assistance in areas including SRH program design and funding, implementation, personnel management, knowledge management, quality assurance, donor liaison and staff capacity building.
You will be responsible for the overall strategy, management (financial, administrative, and programmatic), and implementation of MOMENTUM. You will:
- Oversee the design and implementation of multi-country, multi-health area projects under MOMENTUM in partnership with USAID, USAID partners, and other global and local partners.
- Provide technical leadership on family planning and reproductive health service delivery, including contributing to design of innovative approaches.
Influence the context in which PSI works through representation at relevant technical working groups, conferences, workshops, and policy-oriented forums using appropriate media.
- Serve as main point of contact for PSI and MOMENTUM 2B for USAID.
- Ensure the development and implementation of annual workplans and budgets, ensuring USAID and project priorities are addressed and contract/budget compliance is achieved.
- Ensure project deliverables are achieved on time and to the highest standard.
- Oversee the partnership of subgrantees.
- Facilitate the dissemination of project learnings to key stakeholders at both international and country levels.
- Provide in-country technical assistance as needed.
- Develop and manage a team that includes members of diverse backgrounds located in multiple countries.
- Collaborate across the organization including but not limited to FP/RH, Evidence, Marketing, Program Analytics, country programs and program management teams.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt
Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin
- Master’s degree or higher in public health, international development or a related degree is required.
- Over 15 years of relevant work experience designing, implementing and managing large, complex public health projects including multi-country programming.
- At least five years of experience living or working (or equivalent experience through LTTAs and STTAs) in a developing country is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in human resources management and knowledge management.
- Experience managing/implementing a range of family planning programs.
- Strong knowledge of USAID program management requirements including programmatic and financial reporting and sub-grant management.
- Effective English oral and written communications skills; French language skills are a plus.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- Reference will be required.
What would get us excited?
Experienced manager. You have been a Project Director or Chief of Party of a large, multi-country program before.
A technical guru. You have a passion for and demonstrated expertise in private sector and innovative approaches to developmentCollaborative manager. You are able to inspire a shared vision for the program staff. You have successfully helped your staff learn, grow, and thrive in their work.
A connector. You have experience working with Ministries of Health, health care companies, and global health stakeholders.
A Strategist and an innovator. You are creative, innovative and a strategic thinker. You have a strong interest in private-sector approaches to development and a proven ability to produce results.
- STATUS: Exempt
*This position is key personnel and the selected candidate must be approved by USAID.
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
About Population Services International
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 50 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.