The College of Agricultural Sciences is seeking individuals trained in program evaluation to join our nationally-recognized Penn State Extension. The Extension Evaluation Specialist will provide leadership and support for a full range of Extension programs related to program evaluation, under the guidance of the Evaluation Director. The position will foster the integration of evaluation into the Penn State Extension culture and practice of programs through active participation in the design, development, and implementation of a comprehensive program evaluation process. This planning and implementation process will result in evaluation outcome and impact reports for the various programmatic efforts and drive continuous program improvement. The Program Evaluation Specialist reports directly to the Extension Evaluation Director.
60% Program Evaluation Design, Implementation and Utilization in Extension Programs
• Provide leadership for the design, implementation and utilization of evaluation and assessment for Penn State Extension Programs.
• Develop evaluation resources for Extension programs, research-based curricula, instructional tools, and other educational opportunities that support learning.
• Collaborate with faculty and colleagues to develop resources and tools that support staff and volunteers in program evaluation efforts.
• Support the generation of resources for incorporating assessments and data use into Extension programming efforts by building research and evaluation into grants or seeking independent resources for this work.
• Support all efforts, internal and external, ensuring proper and meaningful data collection and analysis and developing systems that facilitate organizational data learning and use.
• Ensure program evaluation methods support accurate reporting of data to our federal, state, and county partners as well as private funders.
• Partner with peers in other land grant universities to share evaluation best practices, research, and reporting processes.
25% Teach/build organizational evaluation capacity
• Collaborate to design strategies and provide support to utilize evaluation data for program management, program improvement, and to report on program outcomes.
• This will include teaching a range of evaluation skills across the evaluation lifecycle through the development and presentation of internal educational programs (e.g., webinars, communities of practice) on evaluation topics ranging from needs assessment, to stakeholder analysis, to program goal and objective identification, to program theory and logic model development, to evaluation design methodology, implementation, and data collection to data analysis, report writing and program enhancement.
• Connect University and community resources to develop and present adult and youth educational programs.
15% Conduct scholarship related to research and evaluation of Extension programs and specific strategies.
• Create collaborative scholarly products (e.g. refereed publications, educational materials, popular press articles, and technical reports) that contribute to the evaluation field.
• Present scholarship at professional and community conferences and events.
• Build and maintain useful professional relationships and contribute to the field of evaluation through University, Extension, community, and professional association service activities.
Typical Education and Experience/ Competency Requirements:
Typically requires a Masters degree or higher plus three year of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters degree in evaluation, measurement, youth development, family social science, education, psychology, or another related field. PhD preferred. A strong preference for formal education with a significant course work in a program related to evaluation and/or working with adult/youth and program development and implementation. Doctoral candidates and recent graduates with relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
Additional Preferred Education, Experience, or Certifications:
Additional Required Competencies:
Preference for additional experience related to one or more of the following: program administration; volunteer support and management; program coordination and event planning. Successful candidates are highly organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. The candidate must possess a valid driver’s license. This position requires that you operate a motor vehicle as a part of your job duties. A valid driver’s license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in addition to standard background checks.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
The person in this position must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Ability to understand, collect, analyze, and effectively communicate evaluation data.
• Knowledge and application of quantitative and qualitative evaluation design methods.
• Skill in providing training, technical assistance and capacity building in evaluation for non-experts.
• Working knowledge of statistical and survey software packages (e.g. SPSS; Qualtrics).
• Knowledge of database and data visualization tools.
• Understanding of the theory and application of human development philosophy, research and best practice.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to write high quality reports in a timely fashion.
• Skill in conducting and utilizing scholarly research in the area of expertise.
• Skill in the application of research to program design, delivery, and evaluation.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and stakeholders.
• Ability to lead, engage, and support productive work teams to create evaluation plans, carry out evaluations, and share evaluation findings.
• Ability to work effectively with new, diverse and underserved audiences.
• Skill in securing and managing financial and human resources.
• Commitment to the ongoing pursuit of professional development.
• Ability to apply creative and effective problem-solving skills.
• Skills in the application of technology for communication, information finding, program delivery and reporting.
• Ability to handle the demands of a constantly changing work environment and workload.
Apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2539984
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.