Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Director
Location: Thies, Senegal or Bamako, Mali
Reports to: Director of Agriculture
Language Requirements: French and English fluency
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. myAgro has pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and training and increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. myAgro’s North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro’s founder here.
About the Role
The Monitoring & Evaluation Director contributes to our success and sustainability as a social enterprise, and is essential to communicating our impact to team members. You will implement existing programs, and work towards new improvements to our systems. So what kind of person will be successful in this role?
You are Fluent in Data. You know how to design data collection tools, manage data flows, and present data powerfully. In other words, you know how to find raw data and turn it into relevant insights for people across the organization and beyond. You work will help us understand how our inputs and services benefit our farmers.
You are an Excellent Communicator. From creating the right questions to ask a diverse group of farmers, to training a team of surveyors on the subtleties of survey execution, to navigating the complexities of a growing organization, you can understand several perspectives and convincingly communicate your message. Many people across the organization rely on M&E insights, so you will work with other teams to ensure they get the relevant information they need.
Responsibilities include the following (not an exhaustive list):
- Design, manage, and improve upon monitoring and evaluation activities
- Run our existing M&E operations with a heavy focus on collecting high-quality and reliable data on harvest measurements with more than 2,500 farmers.
- Recruit, train, and manage the country-based M&E field teams, including creating quality training materials, developing work plans, reviewing deliverables, and providing value-added feedback.
Create new M&E solutions for core programs and pilot projects to track a variety of metrics including:
- Farmer training effectiveness
- Quantitative and qualitative impacts of our product and services
- Client satisfaction
- Data quality
- Analyze and communicate findings
- Set up real-time data management and Key Progress Indicator (KPI) systems to inform rapid decision-making.
- Use software including Microsoft and Google productivity tools to summarize and visualize data and present to leadership across the organization.
- Work with other departments
- Work with farmer training, R&D, and fundraising teams to ensure activities support organizational
M&E goals and meet data quality expectations.
Guide communication between the Agriculture team and country-based Call Centers, designing phone surveys, training and monitoring Call Center agent data collection, and summarizing results.
- 5 years of prior Monitoring & Evaluation experience – preferably in a social enterprise, including a background in scaling and expanding programs.
- Experience implementing Monitoring & Evaluation programs in rural areas.
- Experience in a position at the crossroads between multiple departments.
- Health insurance
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year – varies slightly according to local labor laws
- Retirement plan contributions
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.