Senior Data AnalystFull Time
We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working on some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies, and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Assignment Title: Senior Data Analyst
Department/Location: Crisis, Conflict & Governance
Technical Point of Contact: CCG Director, or designee
Clearance Required: Secret
IBTCI seeks Data Analysts for anticipated monitoring, evaluation and learning task orders focused on the security sector under the U.S. Department of State. The Data Analyst will work closely with the Task Order team to design qualitative and quantitative data collection tools, perform advanced data analysis (applying both qualitative and quantitative analytical tools), present data using compelling data visualization and geolocated resources, and provide succinct written or presentational analysis of the data. Analyses may include cross-tabulations, tests for response bias, trends, projections, estimates, and the preparation of narrative materials, graphs, charts, overheads, and PowerPoint demonstrations suitable for clearance and distribution.
Scope of Work:
- Lead the development of qualitative and quantitative data collection tools and analysis in concert with the Task Order team lead and other team members, with high level of proficiency across a variety of complex data collection and analytical approaches to include but not limited to: correlation, cross-tabulation, data mining, frequencies, measures of central tendency, measures of dispersion, time series analysis, content analysis, thematic coding, time-ordered matrices and spatial analysis, mapping and geographic information systems. Some quantitative data may require multivariate analysis, such as multiple regression, or inferential statistics.
- Participate in data collection efforts as necessary, ensuring compliance with data retention and security policies and in compliance with NIST SP 800-171.
- Ensure validity and reliability of instruments used or piloted prior to large scale collection efforts.
- Lead data cleaning and management and incorporate appropriate data visualization and analysis into final reports and deliverables.
- Apply straightforward to complex statistical analysis, such as those involving the estimation of multivariate models to support performance monitoring and evaluation TOs with expert capability using quantitative and qualitative software such as Stata, SAS, SPSS, NVivo, Tableau or Atlas.ti.
- Design and incorporate impactful graphic elements such as original photography and digital artwork into final reports deliverables.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the evaluation team throughout the task order period of performance.
- Other duties and tasks as necessary
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practices of Crisis, Conflict & Governance, Agriculture & Food Security & Economic, Education & Growth and Global Health and/or Business Development divisions.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
- Minimum 8 years of experience with bachelor’s degree or minimum 5 years of experience with master’s degree analyzing complex and large data sets applying both quantitative and qualitative data analysis techniques and tools, preferably within the context of federal government foreign affairs, foreign assistance, or the security sector.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation methodologies and tools.
- High proficiency/demonstrated ability utilizing diverse data collection tools and analytical approaches for quantitative and qualitative data collection, analysis and synthesis, such as such as, correlation, cross-tabulation, data mining, frequencies, measures of central tendency, measures of dispersion, time series analysis, content analysis, thematic coding, time-ordered matrices and spatial analysis, mapping and geographic information systems.
- Demonstrated data visualization and analysis skills of quantitative and qualitative data, including familiarity with programs such as SPSS, STATA, R, Power BI, SAS, NVivo, Tableau or Atlas.ti.
- High proficiency/demonstrated ability to apply multivariate analysis, such as multiple regression, or inferential statistics.
- Skilled in the design and visual organization of complex data analysis findings for reports and presentations.
- Familiarity with DOS performance monitoring and management support guidelines, such as the Evidence Act and the Monitoring for Results framework.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to deliver information to stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Proven ability to manage several tasks and deadlines concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programming (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Active SECRET clearance.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Education: Minimum Master’s Degree in Quantitative Social Sciences, Statistics, or related field.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Graphic design skills and experience with programs such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Demonstrated experience working on evaluations for the Department of State
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following sectors: military/criminology grants, law enforcement, border security, counter nuclear/rad smuggling/WMD, maritime security, regional/international cooperation, aviation security, countering violent extremism (CVE), counterterrorism, physical security, military security, anti-corruption, organized crime, money laundering, counter-narcotics, intellectual property rights, cyber-crime, wildlife trafficking, environmental crimes.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile or conflict prone zones.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).