Evaluation Team LeadFull Time
We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working on some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies, and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Assignment Title: Evaluation Team Lead
Department/Location: Crisis, Conflict & Governance (CCG)
Technical Point of Contact: CCG Director, or designee
Clearance Required: Secret
IBTCI seeks Evaluation Team Leads for anticipated evaluation service task orders focused on security sector activities in support of the U.S. Department of State. The Evaluation Team Lead will oversee the implementation of Evaluation-focused task order(s), including the development and implementation of evaluation frameworks, data analysis and reporting, and related tasks. The Evaluation Team Lead will ensure quality control and successful management of the evaluation and its associated activities.
Scope of Work:
- Familiarity with DOS evaluation policy and previous DOS evaluations in the security area.
- Provide overall technical and administrative leadership to ensure successful implementation of the evaluation while maintaining quality control and adhering to DOS guidelines and stipulations.
- Supervise evaluation team members and develop and manage work schedules and plans to ensure successful completion of deliverables in a timely manner.
- Oversee integrity of overall evaluation and ensure comparability of evaluation findings.
- Guide the development of the evaluation framework along with associated tools, methodologies, and protocols, incorporating guidance from team members, DOS, and subject matter experts (SMEs) as necessary.
- Oversee the drafting and editing of reports, presentations, and deliverables to be submitted to the client.
- Ensure that all aspects of the evaluation comply with DOS guidelines and best practices for evaluations, such as those included in the Evidence Act and the Monitoring for Results framework.
- Serve as primary technical lead on matters related to the evaluation.
- Liaise with the task order Project Director and/or IBTCI IDIQ manager and HQ team to discuss evaluation status and mitigate any issues should they arise.
- Present findings and deliverables to client.
- Other duties and tasks as necessary.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practices of Crisis, Conflict & Governance, Agriculture & Food Security & Economic, Education & Growth and Global Health and/or Business Development divisions.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in managing evaluations of overseas programs and projects, preferably with DOS or a similar government agency.
- Demonstrated experience evaluating programs and projects in the security sector, preferably with DOS or a similar government agency.
- Knowledge of multiple evaluation methodologies (e.g., performance/process evaluations, summative/ex-post/impact evaluations, developmental evaluations, sector or multi-country evaluations, experience/desk reviews, meta-evaluations, and organization evaluations/assessments and tools).
- Familiarity with DOS performance monitoring and management support guidelines, such as the Evidence Act and the Monitoring for Results Framework.
- Familiarity with DOS guidelines for classified information.
- Excellent analytical writing skills and the ability to synthesize both qualitative and quantitative data into coherent reports and presentations.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage a team of several individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to deliver messages to a variety of audiences and stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage several tasks and deadlines concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programming (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Active SECRET clearance.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Education: Master’s Degree in Social or Behavioral Science, Economics, International Development, or related fields, PhD preferred
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working with the Department of State on evaluations or evaluative activities.
- Past Evaluation Team Leader experience overseeing evaluations for the Department of State, particularly in the security sector, or other similar clients
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following sectors: military/criminology grants, law enforcement, border security, counter nuclear/rad smuggling/WMD, maritime security, regional/international cooperation, aviation security, countering violent extremism (CVE), counterterrorism, physical security, military security, anti-corruption, organized crime, money laundering, counter-narcotics, intellectual property rights, cyber-crime, wildlife trafficking, environmental crimes
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile or conflict prone zones.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).