We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Senior Monitoring Officer
Department/Location: Maputo, Mozambique
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt-level position.
We are looking for a Senior Monitoring Officer to lead an upcoming USAID/Mozambique Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Activity. In close collaboration with the Mission MEL specialist and the MEL Specialist backstops for each of the Mission’s technical offices, the Senior Monitoring Officer will guide the Contractor’s support for application of monitoring data to decision-making. The anticipated period of performance of this activity is 5 years.
Mozambican nationals are encouraged to apply. The position is contingent upon a successful award. Responsibilities
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and guide the daily support service requests (monitoring, DQAs, rapid feedback assessments, support for MELPs, etc.) from the Mission.
- Guide efforts to strengthen Mission and IP performance monitoring skills and practices.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in development, evaluation, economics, knowledge management, or related social science field;
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
- Basic level Portuguese is not required, but the ability to speak Portuguese and one or more of the local languages is preferred.
- Excellent organization and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality written products.
- Strong data collection and analyses experience.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in development, evaluation, development analytics, economics, knowledge management, or a related field;
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience implementing monitoring activities on international projects, USAID project experience is required;
- A minimum of eight years of progressively professional experience in monitoring and evaluation within complex international development contexts in more than one of the following areas: Health, Democracy and Governance, Preventing Conflict/Violent Extremism, Economic Growth, Natural Resource Management, Education and/or Agricultural Development.
- Previous experience managing third party monitoring partners is a plus;
- The ability to work in complex situations or environments.
- Experience serving as a facilitator and mediator for diverse groups with varying skill levels.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Experience managing analysis, synthesis, documentation and dissemination of lessons for a range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience with USAID CLA framework is a plus.
Working Environment: Work is performed in a typical corporate office environment.
COVID Vaccine status: As a condition of employment, IBTCI requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates should be prepared to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon hire or request for an accommodation with HR that is consistent with our COVID-19 safety protocols and policies.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Position is permanently located in Mozambique, and relocation will be required for staff person not living at this location within the first 6 weeks of contract signing. In-country travel is essential, and may include travel to fragile and conflict-affected areas. An average of 25% to 35% travel for project implementation and/or project management (percentages may vary depending on project activities). COVID-19 restrictions may limit the travel or allow to work from home country until the restrictions are lifted by the client.
About the Organization:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients' missions.