The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will work with the Deputy Director of Evaluation as part of a team to provide monitoring and evaluation (M&E) technical support for CIPE projects and programs, with particular focus on projects funded by the Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation (GATF). The GATF initiative is a multi-donor (including USAID), multi-site and multi-partner program designed to promote trade facilitation in developing countries using innovative approaches that engage the private sector and governments.
As a cross-organizational partnership, the M&E Specialist will work collaboratively with evaluation staff from other organizations participating in the GATF initiative Additionally, they will also work with the CIPE Trade team to assist with development and management of evaluation plans in alignment with GATF and CIPE evaluation policies. This includes developing logic models, logical frameworks, theories of change, and the identification of appropriate objectives and indicators, as well as the collection and analysis of project data for performance and impact.
- Provide technical assistance to CIPE GATF team for the management of evaluation and data collection efforts as assigned, including the development of monitoring and evaluation plans, analyzing project proposals against the overall evaluation strategy; and ensuring compliance with grant guidelines and criteria.
- Work to support building a culture of evaluation based upon CIPE evaluation strategies and tools consistent with CIPE’s objectives and strategic plan.
- Support evaluation and data collection efforts as assigned. Examples include: data quality assurance and data management, implementation of sampling plans, development of survey and focus group protocols, and in-house evaluation research.
- Participate in the development, research and drafting of evaluations, research papers, articles, case studies, and other studies on CIPE programs and themes as assigned. Documents will include tables, graphs, and interpretation of results in written form.
- Assist evaluation department staff in day-to-day management of monitoring and evaluation project responsibilities as assigned.
- Provide on-site monitoring and evaluation technical assistance to selected projects as assigned, including occasional international travel to project locations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with donor and international organizations, as well as evaluation communities of practice in collaboration with the Deputy Director of Evaluation to create linkages with CIPE strategies and to monitor evaluation trends.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required in international development, economics, public policy, political science, measurement and evaluation or related field, including formal training in research methods and program evaluation; a Master’s degree is preferred
- Knowledge of or successful past experience conducting research or evaluation, preferably cross-culturally
- Program evaluation and research skills using both qualitative and quantitative data, including data analysis and presentation using charts and graphs
- Commitment to ethical and professional standards of research and evaluation, including work with potentially vulnerable populations
- Strong project management skills, including skill at prioritizing and completing multiple tasks
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written, oral and cross-cultural communication and presentation skills
- Excellent English writing and verbal skills
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills, as well as the ability to work independently
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Ability to develop and manage a data project management database
- Developing and validating tools and conceptually meaningful custom indicators
- Knowledge of different research designs, including RCTs, surveys, focus groups and elite interviewing
- Experience with logic models, logframes, theories of change, and results frameworks
- Prior experience working with international donor agencies and knowledge of their preferred reporting methods and tools for M&E
Please send cover letter, resume or CV, salary expectation and brief writing sample (no more than 4 pages) to email@example.com with ‘M&EGATF [YOURLASTNAME]’ in the subject line. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States. CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Center for International Private Enterprise
The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to build the institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include enterprise ecosystems, democratic governance, business advocacy, anti-corruption & ethics, and trade.