Premise is growing! We’re hiring a Customer Success Manager who will help manage and grow our portfolio of international development implementing partner clients. Premise is unlike any other company in the international development industry – a venture-funded technology firm seeking to disrupt remote data collection and analytics. We’re looking for an ambitious risk-taker who loves to be challenged, relishes the idea of helping build a different kind of development organization, and believes in the power of data to improve outcomes.
The Role. Custom Success Managers (CSMs) at Premise are both salespeople and support professionals. CSMs are responsible for supporting new customers as they transition from sales prospects to active users of the Premise Platform and throughout their subscription period. Their focus is on building long-term relationships with their customers and ensuring the customer renews at the end of their subscription period. Strong CSMs fix issues before they happen, proactively look out for their customers’ business and suggest new and innovative ways of using the Premise Platform. CSMs are also responsible for helping expand to new customers within the assigned account and finding upsell opportunities.
Education and Experience. Premise seeks a candidate with at least a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of full-time experience in international development, global health or other relevant industries (e.g. management consulting for international development clients). Ideally, you will have past experience in monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning; humanitarian assistance and food security; or context monitoring.
About Premise: Premise has built a remote data collection and analytics software platform that includes access to a network of 2.5 million data collectors in 100+ countries. Our platform integrates the people who collect the data, technology for managing collection, and the data analysis into a single software solution that works in real-time. Our technology enables global decision-makers to move faster and make smarter decisions by employing local, on-the-ground contributors to observe and collect real-time data. Our international development clients include The United States Agency for International Development (USAID), The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance. A $171M Series E funded company, we are backed by Google Ventures, SocialCapital, Valor Equity Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, and more. Learn more about us at www.premise.com or follow us at @premisedata.
Our Team: We are a passionate, tight-knit, super-driven team that moves fast, appreciates candor, and deeply values the diversity of our backgrounds. Our diversity mirrors the global nature of our work: we’ve lived in 30 countries, speak 14 languages, and believe in the value of life experience that an unconventional background inherently brings. What unites us is our innate curiosity and collective ambition to build technology that ultimately has measurable human impact.
What you get to do:
The Following Traits Probably Describe You (This is What We are Interviewing for):
- You have executive presence. You’re able to become a trusted advisor to the client at the leadership level and convince them that you are their advocate.
- You hustle. We’re looking for a high energy candidate that never waits to be told what to do and isn’t afraid to be aggressive and persistent (without being pushy).
- You have strong global health or international development industry knowledge. Our ideal candidate is intimately familiar with how different funding agencies in the industry do business.
- You’re comfortable with data and technology. You don’t need to be an expert, but you should be comfortable with basic statistics and geospatial concepts.
- You’re a natural teacher and performer. Once a client buys Premise, additional stakeholders will get involved that were not part of the sales process. You will have to teach them about Premise and create additional champions within the client’s team.
- You’re accountable. This position has a renewal target and part of your compensation will be variable.
- You have working proficiency in French or Spanish
- You have field experience on a USAID-funded M&E contract or you have experience in humanitarian information management
- Experiencing working for a technology company that caters to international development. There aren’t many out there so this i
Press: Premise Data Raises $85 Million To Transform Market Intelligence By Scaling Its Machine Learning And Human Intelligence Platform (PRNewswire)
Forbes Recognizes Premise Data Among Best Startup Employers For 2021 (Forbes)
Premise Data Ranked 182nd Fastest-Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500™ (PRNewswire)
Armed with smartphones, Colombians are taking on the local mozzies (The Economist)
Why every state should adopt a mask mandate, in 4 charts (Vox)
Photos are creating a real-time food index (Wired)