COLLABORATING, LEARNING, ADAPTING (CLA) ADVISOR
Position Location: Monrovia, Liberia
Brief Description: Position Overview: IBI is an international economic development consulting firm whose main client is the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Established in 1996, IBI has successfully implemented some 50 projects in over 70 countries. To learn more please visit our website at www.ibi-usa.com.
IBI is currently searching for a Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) Advisor for the anticipated USAID-funded Liberia Strategic Analysis (LSA) II Activity. The CLA Advisor will serve in a leadership role for LSA II, managing all aspects related to CLA. He or she will lead LSA II ‘s overarching strategy for CLA and ensure effective integration between CLA and M&E activities. The CLA Advisor will work closely with USAID to optimize the use of knowledge sharing and improve strategic learning processes within the Mission as well as with implementing partners and Liberia n government stakeholders. In addition, t he CLA Advisor will oversee the assembling, synthes is and communicati on of information to mission staff and IPs , as well as the organization of k nowledge sharing events, including working with USAID’s Communities of Practice (CoPs). This is a full-time position to be based in Monrovia for the duration of the five-year period of performance, contingent upon contract award.
The purpose of the Activity is to provide an innovative degree of analytical and advisory services to USAID/Liberia’s Office of Program and Project Development (PPD) and Development Objective (DO) teams in support of the Mission’s project design, performance monitoring and evaluation, and operational learning and adapting. The project will establish a support unit in Monrovia to assist the Mission in strengthening its management of key aspects of the programming cycle, specifically strategic planning, project design, performance monitoring and evaluation, and institutionalized learning and adaptation
**Liberian candidate preferred
- Master’s degree in field related to organizational learning or development assistance such as public, business, or development administration; knowledge management; political science; economics or development studies.
- Minimum of eight years of demonstrated experience in strategic planning; monitoring and evaluation; project design; facilitation of learning; and knowledge management, including experience in applying learning to improve international development programs and systems change for adaptive management of development organizations or agencies.
- Previous experience supporting USAID Missions in a similar capacity.
- Prior work experience in Liberia or other West African countries required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID Evaluation Policy, CLA Framework, J2SR and other initiatives.
- Experience working with USAID and other S. government programs preferred.
- Computer literate and possess superior oral and written communications skills.
- Verbal and written fluency in English (ILR level 4).
Note: To Apply : Please go to www.ibi-usa.com/jobs and upload your resume. IBI appreciates all applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
For more information about IBI, please visit www.ibi-usa.com.
IBI International is an equal opportunity employer.