- This event has passed.
HOW TO BE A SUCCESSFUL EVALUATION CONSULTANT – ONGOING ONLINE COURSE
June 11, 2017 - December 31, 2017$825.
HOW TO BE A SUCCESSFUL EVALUATION CONSULTANT – ONGOING Online Course / Enrolments are open throughout the year
This course provides the opportunity to learn how to establish, manage and maintain a successful evaluation consultancy from a trainer who has effectively managed his own consultancy for more than 10 years. The course considers strategic, technical and management aspects essential for becoming a successful evaluation consultant. Issues such as how to set-up as an evaluation consultant and effectively find work, how to manage customers and to diversify and grow an evaluation consultancy, legal and financial planning issues, setting rates and proposal writing for winning business, as well as efficient project/team management tools are covered in the course.
PART I: Strategic and Soft Skills
• Setting up an independent evaluation consultancy and finding your niche;
• Marketing channels and how to find work;
• Managing and retaining business – customer management and beyond;
• Delivering evaluation services effectively;
• Diversifying and growing your evaluation consultancy.
PART II: Management and Technical Issues
• Managing the crucial legal, tax and financial planning issues as an independent evaluation consultant;
• Writing effective proposals for winning business;
• Determining how much to charge: budgeting your consultancy and the project;
• Tools to support a more efficient management of evaluations;
• Managing teams, partners and clients.
Dr. Glenn O’Neil, an independent evaluation consultant. Over the past 10 years, Dr. O’Neil has built up his boutique consultancy to carry out over 100 evaluations in over 50 countries for some 40 international organisations, NGOs, governments and foundations.
This online self-paced course uses a combination of methods comprised of reading materials, video lectures and practical exercises to ensure practicality of the knowledge acquired. Case studies are used throughout the course to ensure a hands-on approach and the development of practical skills. Some checklists and templates are provided as a “memo” to help the learner apply the lessons drawn from the course once back in her/his work context.
You can take either part separately or enrol in the full course.
Part I: US$425, Part II: US$475
Full course (Part I + II): US$825
To find out more and to enrol, please visit the following webpage: http://www.traass.org/sec
Should you have any questions or require additional information, please contact us: email@example.com
We are looking forward to seeing you among our students!