Planning and practice in MEAL
March 26 @ 9:30 am - March 27 @ 5:00 pm$310.00 – $730.00
Improve and strengthen your skills and learn more about designing and adapting different approaches and methods for monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL).
This course introduces key MEAL trends, systems and tools. Using a case study you will gain hands-on experience in designing a MEAL plan. You will also have the opportunity to share experiences, challenges and lessons of doing MEAL with peers.
It’s ideal if you have some experience of monitoring and evaluation and want to learn in more depth how to develop and set up a MEAL system for either a project or programme. Principles can also be adapted for organisational strategies.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
– Follow a systematic approach to MEAL system design
– Develop a MEAL plan
– Write MEAL questions and define key indicators
– Decide on appropriate tools for different MEAL processes
– Describe key elements of an evaluation plan
– Choose appropriate approaches to communicate MEAL system findings with different stakeholders