Introduction to MEAL
March 25 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm$200 – $420
This one-day course introduces the principles of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL). It will enable you to understand the core terms, principles and approaches of MEAL that underpin good quality project/programme planning and implementation.
The course uses a “do to learn” approach and includes some self-reflection work on your MEAL skills and your organisation’s current practices.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
– Explain why MEAL is important and what it is
– Define key terms used in MEAL practice
– Explain the purpose of different types of tools used in MEAL
– Explain the purpose and content of MEAL plans
– Define indicators for MEAL at different levels of a programme plan
– Describe the different approaches to evaluation and apply some concepts to critically review my organisation’s practice