Introduction to MEAL
November 4$200 – $420
This one-day course will introduce the principles and approaches of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning that underpin good quality programme planning and implementation.
It is suitable for people who are new to or have little experience of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning practice.
The course uses a “do to learn” approach and includes some self-reflection work on your MEAL skills and your organisation’s current practices.
What you will learn
By the end of the course you will be able to:
Explain why MEAL is important and what it is
– Define key terms used in MEAL practice
– Explain the purpose of different types of tools used in MEAL
– Explain the purpose and content of MEAL plans
– Define indicators for MEAL at different levels of a programme plan
– Describe the different approaches to evaluation and apply some concepts to critically review my organisation’s practice
1. The what and why of MEAL
2. MEAL interest groups and the MEAL cycle
3. Results chain and introduction to MEAL tools
4. Indicators and MEAL plans
5. Evaluations – what difference are you making?
The cost is between £200-£420 GBP.