- This event has passed.
Impact assessment and evaluation
November 21 @ 9:30 am - November 22 @ 5:00 pm$310.00 – $730.00
What is impact assessment, what are the different types of evaluation and how can they be used to assess impact? This course enables you to design an impact assessment framework for your project, identify domains of change, theories of change and other approaches to assessing impact.
This course is for people responsible for understanding and measuring impact, or planning to implement impact assessment in their organisation. It is also suitable for people designing, commissioning or undertaking evaluations.
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
– Explain what is meant by impact assessment and how it differs from and complements the processes of monitoring and evaluation.
– Identify key challenges that you face in conducting impact assessments.
– Describe different types of evaluation and how they can be used for impact assessment.
– Design an impact assessment framework for a case study project.
– Identify domains of change and theories of change for planning for impact assessment.
– List and describe different tools and methods for assessing impact.
– Discuss how the results of impact assessments might be used in learning, reporting and being more accountable to both donors and stakeholders.